Chicken Faux Pho
- 4 lbs assorted chicken pieces, bone-in and skin on
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon green cardamom pods
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 lemon grass stalk, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 head bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 large daikon root, spiralized
- sea salt to taste
- lime wedges
- fresh basil
- mung bean sprouts
- 2 jalapenos, thinly sliced
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
Add the coriander seeds to a dry skillet. Toast over medium low heat until fragrant a golden brown, 5- 6 minutes.
Rinse the chicken pieces and add them to the pressure cooker. Add the dry spices, cilantro, onion, lemon grass, and fish sauce. Pour in enough cold water to cover.
Cover the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Set the timer from 30 minutes on high pressure.
After the timer goes off, release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Remove the chicken pieces and shred once cool.
Strain the broth and add it back to the pressure cooker. Taste and add sea salt. Bring to a simmer and add the bok choy and spiralized daikon. Cook for 5- 6 minutes until tender.
Divide the noodles and shredded chicken into bowls and ladle in the broth. Serve with the garnishes and enjoy!
Recipe from: thesophisticatedcaveman.com