Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, towel dried, and cut into bite-size portions
- 3 TB fajita seasoning (homemade or store bought packet), divided in half
- 4 TB olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion (yellow or red) diced
- 2 bell peppers (any colors) seeded and diced
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2½ cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (10 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes with juices
- 8 oz dry penne pasta
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Select saute and adjust to More for high heat. Allow to heat until pot reads HOT. Add about 2 TB oil. When oil is hot add chicken and half the seasoning, tossing to coat well. Saute chicken until white.
Add onions, bell peppers, and garlic, along with remaining half of seasoning. Stir well to coat; stir often and cook until veggies are slightly tender, about 2 min.
Add broth, tomatoes with all its juices, and dry pasta to the pot. Cover and select Manual for 5-6 min. Once done, QR pressure. Liquid should be mostly absorbed. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
1. To make it super quick, you can use pre-diced or sliced onions and bells from the grocery store.
2. Dehydrated minced garlic can be used to save time.
3. If you prefer a kick, use a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes with green chilies in lieu of the fire-roasted tomatoes.
Recipe from: chewoutloud.com