Instant Pot Thai Chicken Rice Bowls
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 3 cups broth
- ½ cup sweet chili Thai sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce - to taste
- ½ Tablespoon fish sauce
- ½ Tablespoon ginger, minced
- ½ Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot sauce
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- Shredded zucchini, optional garnish
- Shredded carrots, optional garnish
- Peanuts, optional garnish
Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
Sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes on either side to seal in their juices. Remove to a container and turn off the instant pot.
Mix the sweet chili Thai sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and lime juice together.
Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and let marinade for 2 hours or overnight. (You can cook immediately but the flavor will be better if allowed to marinade.)
Place the rice in your Instant Pot and add the chicken over top.
Add the broth and secure the lid.
Select the manual pressure setting and set the timer to 10 minutes. Natural release.
Shred the chicken with two forks and then mix with the rice before serving.
Garnish with cilantro, shredded veggies and peanuts. Serve with extra soy sauce to taste.
Recipe from: wondermomwannabe.com