This bad boy can do a lot of amazing things. It’s a rice cooker, a soup maker, a yogurt maker, it has the ability to saute foods, and many other things. There are some things it can do that I didn’t even realize until I’d been using it for over a year! I just wanted to share a few of those with you!
- Make Vanilla Extract. I plan on trying this soon! Usually it takes MONTHS for vanilla extract to process. This recipe is saying you can do it in 30 minutes!
- Cook Cheesecake. I haven’t tried this yet either, but I want to! You use the pot-in-pot method to do this. Any oven safe metal pan can go into your instant pot (assuming it fits of course)!
- Make Popcorn. I HAVE done this. It’s super easy and super quick!
- Make Bread. Same as the cheesecake, you use the pot-in-pot method for this!
- Sous Vide. This is a type of French cooking where you cook the food in a bag for a long time and low temperature. You need this tool to be able to do it. The bag is immersed in water, and the tool circulates the water and keeps it at an ideal temperature. This is on my list of accessories to buy next time it goes on sale!
- Make Bone Broth. It’s MUCH faster to make bone broth in an Instant Pot than it is on the stove. And no need to watch it!
- One Pot Meals. This should be obvious I guess, but for so long I just cooked rice or chicken in the Instant Pot. There are SO MANY one pot meals you can make in the Instant Pot. Like spaghetti! And butternut squash risotto! and Ham and Pineapple Fried Rice!
- Lotion Bars. Ya. Cool, right?
- Boiled Eggs. THE easiest to peel hard boiled eggs you will EVER make. Set the eggs on the trivet with about a cup of water. Manually set the pressure to 5 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes. Put in ice water for 5 minutes. The shells will FALL off.
- Applesauce. Another thing I haven’t made yet, but I am planning on making soon!
What cool things have you made in your Instant Pot??? Please share in the comments!
Originally posted on: amouseinmykitchen.com